Mark Puckey’s guide to kitchen knives part II
Recently, Mark Puckey gave us some tips on how to source the perfect knife. In the second part of his featured blog post, he gives us his top five tips for using knives in the kitchen:
1. Be careful. An obvious but important tip when using knives, however experienced you are.
2. Make sure it’s sharp– a blunt knife is a dangerous knife
3. Keep the knife pressed against your knuckle and guide the knife over the food
4. Try and adopt a rocking action not a chopping action
5. Keep the knife tip on the board as much as possible