Recipe: Crab omelette from Rick Stein’s Cornwall
Recreate Rick’s Cornish crab omelette recipe as seen on Rick Stein’s Cornwall.
A basic omelette is given an indulgent twist with rich clotted cream and sweet crabmeat. It feels special, but couldn’t be simpler to make.
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp clotted cream
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated (or vintage Cornish Gouda if you have it)
- 100g white crab meat
- 50g brown crab meat
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (mix of parsley, chives, chervil and tarragon)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a medium frying pan and add the shallot. Fry for 2 minutes, until softened.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the clotted cream. Stir in the Parmesan, crab meats, herbs, salt and pepper.
- When the shallots are soft, pour in the egg and crab mixture. Reduce the heat to low and, using a spatula, occasionally draw in the sides as they start to set. While the egg is still wobbly and soft, flip one side of the omelette over the other to form a semi-circle.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, cut in two and serve each half with a side salad and bread.
Image ©: BBC Food
DINE IN WITH STEIN’S AT HOME
Our Stein’s at Home menu boxes bring fresh Cornish seafood and Rick’s classic dishes straight to your door to enjoy at home. Available for delivery across the UK every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.