Careers in Cornwall
Spend a summer by the sea
Fancy spending your work break on the beach or heading for a surf before work? Join our team at Rick Stein and this could be your reality. We have positions available in the kitchen and front of house, and also have lots of opportunity for you to develop your career whilst enjoying a great work life balance. Who knows, you may end up staying by the sea…
Grow your career with us
We’re not just passionate about food, we’re passionate about developing our people too. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential.
We’ll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
Perks of working in Cornwall
Days off at the beach
Cornwall has over 300 beaches for you to explore. Walk along the coastline on the South West Coast Path, or head into the sea for a surf and paddle board. Our restaurant at Fistral even overlooks the beach, so why not grab some fish and chips and enjoy the view all year round.
Try the local produce
Cornwall is full of great restaurants and bars for you to enjoy. Make sure you experience the freshest Cornish seafood when you get here, it’s the best in the world. Make the most of our restaurants and use your 50% discount to experience dining with us and trying Rick’s famous seafood dishes and favourite wines.
Plenty to see and do
As well as the hundreds of beaches and restaurants for you to visit, Cornwall has a thriving cultural scene. Visit well known attractions like The Eden Project and The Minack Theatre or wander through art galleries including the Tate and the Barbara Hepworth Museum. During the summer, Cornwall has numerous festivals, including Rock Oyster Festival hosted by our very own Jack Stein and drive-in cinemas too.
Relax and embrace the Cornish lifestyle
Escape the busyness of the city and embrace the slower, more peaceful way of life in Cornwall. Spend your days in the outdoors and explore the landscape that Cornwall has to offer.
How we make you smile
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance are important to us. We’ll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full-time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Significant tips. On top of your salary you’ll earn tips. These are paid weekly into your bank, aren’t subject to NI deductions and you’ll even get tips when you’re on holiday!
- Social events. You’ll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at social events and parties.
- Holiday. You’ll get 28 days paid holiday every year, increasing after two years.
- Staff discounts. You’ll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you’ll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you’re on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there’ll be little treats from us throughout the year. We’ve recently given all our staff a £25 voucher and a free Stein’s at Home 3 course meal box to enjoy at home.
Good to know
We provide accommodation for our staff when they need it. If accommodation is holding you back from joining our team, let us know.
Travel to us
Our sites in Padstow, St Merryn and Newquay all have regular bus routes and multiple car parks close by. We also have discounted private parking available in Padstow.
The Cornish Arms in St Merryn has its own free car park. Our restaurant in Fistral is a 10 minute walk from the bus station and a 20 minute walk from the train station. You can safely cycle to our Padstow restaurants along the Camel trail from Bodmin and Wadebridge.
For our front of house team, we will provide you with an apron and a white shirt or polo, depending on which restaurant you work in.
For our kitchen team, we will provide you with chef whites.