If you've got a passion for cookery and want to learn more, join our chef apprenticeship
Would you like to take the first step in your career as a chef? If so, our next chef apprenticeship starts in September 2019, and if you share our passion for great food and local produce we’d love to hear from you.
Our award-winning professional cookery apprenticeship is a great way to start your career and earn while you learn.
Open to all ages, our apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to work in one of our professional kitchens to learn and develop your skills that you will need to become a chef whilst gaining a professional cookery qualification.
Once you have completed the apprenticeship, it’s our aim to be able to offer you a permanent role with us.
Apply online here.
- You will take part in basic cookery sessions at Truro College (our apprenticeship partner) to help you gain the essential skills needed to work in a professional kitchen.
- You will attend monthly cookery classes at our cookery school in Padstow with our talented Head Chefs to develop your knowledge and cooking skills in fish, shellfish, meat and game, bread and patisserie, using local produce and Rick’s recipes.
- You will visit many of our local food heroes to discover more about the amazing produce that they supply us with.
- You will visit our fish suppliers to learn how to fillet fish from the best in the business.
- We encourage you to learn more about the joys of food and drink pairings through wine and dish tastings hosted by Jack and Charlie Stein.
- You will have the opportunity to help us at local events such as Padstow Christmas Festival, The Cornwall Apprenticeship Awards and charity events.
- We will make sure that you have the opportunity to dine and sample our dishes in our fabulous restaurants with our Head Chefs so that you can spend time talking about your career development.
- You will be gaining valuable experience of working in our professional kitchens, and there will be the opportunity to gain experience in other areas of the business if you want to.
- We will help you gain your Food Safety Level 2 qualification as well as making sure that you stay safe whilst working with us by covering manual handling, Health and Safety Level 2, The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health and Fire Safety. You will also have access to all the other development opportunities we have available.
- And finally, there will of course be the opportunity to meet Rick and Jill Stein through company wide events and dedicated apprenticeship opportunities.
- You’ll receive a competitive starting rate of pay and a share of tips from customers
- You’ll have support from one of Cornwall’s best colleges (Truro and Penwith)
- We’ll provide you with regular reviews, support and feedback
- You’ll receive 50% discount in restaurants and 20% discount in shops
- You’ll be invited to team events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
- You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Programme supported by Hospitality Action, our leading industry charity
- A complimentary anniversary meal after 1 years’ service
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme up to £250
- Free meals whilst on duty