Chef de Partie jobs in Cornwall
We are looking for experienced Chef de Parties to join our friendly kitchen teams. Under the leadership of our Head Chefs, you’ll be working with the very best, locally sourced ingredients to prepare Rick’s famous dishes inspired by his travels around the world.
- Earn a starting wage of £10.20 per hour
- Plus, earn on average £3 per hour on tips
- Flexible shifts with part and full time options
- Work with the best chefs in the industry
- Work for a ‘The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company’
You’ll be a crucial part of the kitchen team, leading a section during service, developing and inspiring the junior kitchen team members, whilst supporting your Head Chef to ensure that Rick’s dishes, vision and desire for quality delivers a fantastic dining experience for our guests.
This is your chance to put your skills to the test and take charge of a section in our kitchen. As well as gaining responsibility to support the development of the Commis and Demi de Parties below you. One on one time with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to support your development and taking charge of a section are a great step towards more leadership in the kitchen.
Progression is readily available around our restaurants as a Chef de Partie, giving you the chance to experience different locations, teams, kitchens and styles of dishes to further your skill-set.
Grow your career with us
We're not just passionate about food, we're passionate about developing our people too. Our Head Chef of the Seafood Restaurant, Pete Murt, has worked his way up through the chef ranks so he knows exactly how to support and develop your chef career with us. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential. We'll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance are important to us. We’ll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full-time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. On top of your £9.40 an hour or salary you’ll earn tips. These are paid weekly into your bank, aren’t subject to NI deductions and you’ll even get tips when you’re on holiday!
- Social events. You’ll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at social events and parties.
- Holiday. You’ll get 28 days paid holiday every year.
- Staff discounts. You’ll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you’ll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you’re on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there’ll be little treats from us throughout the year. We’ve recently given all our staff a £25 voucher and a free Stein’s at Home 3 course meal box to enjoy at home.
Good to know
Interested in becoming a Chef de Partie with Rick Stein? We'd love to hear from you.
For any enquiries about our job vacancies, please email [email protected]