Commis Chef jobs in Cornwall
We are looking for an enthusiastic Commis chef to join our friendly kitchen team at Rick Stein’s. You’ll be a crucial part of our kitchen team, keeping everything running smoothly. We have part and full-time positions available with guaranteed hours through the winter, and shifts to suit your lifestyle.
- Earn a starting wage of £9.60 per hour (£9.30 for under 18’s)
- Plus, earn on average £2.96 per hour in tips
- Flexible shifts with part and full time options
- Work with the best chefs in the industry
- Work for a ‘The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company’
Your chef career could start here
Develop your skills under the guidance of our experienced Chef de Parties, whilst getting the chance to rotate through the various sections in the kitchen including fish, vegetables and sauce. This is the perfect time to decide which area of the kitchen you’d like to specialise in. Everyone has to start somewhere in the kitchen. This is your chance to learn the basics from some of the best in the business, preparing and starting to cook and begin your journey up the ranks in the kitchen.
Progression is readily available around our restaurants, giving you the chance to experience different locations, teams, kitchens and styles of dishes to further your skill-set.
Grow your career with us
Our Head Chef of the Seafood Restaurant, Pete Murt, started his career with us as a Kitchen Porter - so he knows exactly how to support and develop your chef career with us. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential. We'll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence as a Commis chef
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance are important to us. We'll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full-time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. On top of your £9 an hour you'll earn tips. These are paid weekly into your bank, aren't subject to NI deductions and you'll even get tips when you're on holiday!
- Social events. You'll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at social events and parties.
- Holiday. You'll get 28 days paid holiday every year.
- Staff discounts. You'll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you'll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you're on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there'll be little treats from us throughout the year. We've recently given all our staff a £25 voucher and a free Stein's at Home 3 course meal box to enjoy at home.
Good to know
Interested in becoming a Commis Chef with Rick Stein? We'd love to hear from you.