Head Chef Jobs
Working with Rick and Jack Stein, our Head Chefs lead and inspire from the front; growing the kitchen team, running the pass and planning and developing menus that our customers will love to choose from. Your role as Head Chef is pivotal to the success of the restaurant.
- Earn a salary of up to (and at times, beyond) £30,000, plus tips
- Receive an end of year management bonus
- Flexible work patterns to suit your lifestyle
- Work with passionate chefs in the industry
- Work for a ‘The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company’
Leading from the front in the kitchen, you’ll be inspiring the team to excel in their fish cookery, presentation and consistency. Menu development is also a key part of your role at Head Chef – making seasonal changes and celebrating Rick’s new dishes too.
Progression is readily available around our restaurants, giving you the chance to experience different locations, teams, kitchens and styles of dishes to further your skill-set. Great careers are made at Rick Stein.
Develop your head chef career with us
We're not just passionate about food, we're passionate about developing our people too. Our Head Chef of the Seafood Restaurant, Pete Murt, has worked his way up through the chef ranks so he knows exactly how to support and develop your chef career with us. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential. We'll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance are important to us. We’ll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full-time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. These are paid weekly into your bank, aren’t subject to NI deductions and you’ll even get tips when you’re on holiday!
- Social events. You’ll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at social events and parties.
- Holiday. You’ll get 28 days paid holiday every year.
- Staff discounts. You’ll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you’ll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you’re on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there’ll be little treats from us throughout the year. We’ve recently given all our staff a £25 voucher and a free Stein’s at Home 3 course meal box to enjoy at home.
Good to know
Want to join the Rick Stein group as a Head Chef? We'd love to hear from you.