Restaurant Manager at Stein's Fish and Chips
1) When did you join the team?
I joined the business in February 2003
2) What attracted you to this company?
It’s a local family Business which offered me flexibility
3) What have you enjoyed most about working here so far?
I love meeting new people which is something I do regularly in my role
4) Why did you chose the hospitality industry?
I originally joined the housekeeping team and have since been able to progress within a different part of the business
5) What’s the best part of your job?
Our teams support each other and we help each other across the company. I like that it feels like a family business
6) What are the top 3 qualities you need to work here?
I would say the top three qualities you need are to be kind, to have a good sense of humour and also to have a great work ethic
7) What’s your favourite item on the menu?
It has to be lemon sole
8) What training opportunities have you taken part in since joining the team?
I’ve taken part in lots of training opportunities, I’ve attended so many courses! I also attend the monthly manager’s development meeting which has helped my personal development
9) Are there career progression opportunities available within the business?
There is a long list of opportunities available and you’re encouraged to grow in the company
10) What would you recommend to someone who’s looking to join the team?
If you want to meet people and to develop your career this is the place to be
Find out about more of our team here.