Supervisor at The Seafood Restaurant
1) When did you join the team?
I first joined in April 2016 and worked until January 2017. After going travelling I then came back as Restaurant Supervisor in April 2017
2) What attracted you to this company?
I was attracted by the reputation of the company as well as the chance to progress and get good experience working with talented people
3) What have you enjoyed most about working here so far?
I really enjoy the team spirit within the team
4) Why did you chose the hospitality industry?
I love that this industry offers the chance to work all over the world
5) What’s the best part of your job?
When we have a successful busy service it’s a great buzz. I also enjoy the fact that you never stop learning
6) What are the top 3 qualities you need to work here?
I would say the top three qualities you need are good people skills, good work ethic and a good drive
7) What’s your favourite item on the menu?
My favourite dish is the turbot hollandaise
8) What training opportunities have you taken part in since joining the team?
So far I’ve taken part in wine champion training, butchery masterclasses, a trip to Porthilly, a trip to Burgundy and not to forget the wine tastings every week
9) Are there career progression opportunities available within the business?
There are lots of career opportunities available both inside and outside of Cornwall particularly with the business growing
10) What would you recommend to someone who’s looking to join the team?
Say yes to every opportunity you get offered!
Find out about more of our team here.