Head Chef at Rick Stein, Marlborough
Dine in Marlborough
Located on the high street in Marlborough, book a table online and join us for meal soonFind out more
Kevin is passionate about keeping fit in his spare time, attending CrossFit Devizes on a regular basis. This year they’re taking on a challenge to raise £5000 for Julia’s House and Southampton General Hospital Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit. Find out more and donate here.
1) When did you join the team?
I joined in June 2016
2) What attracted you to this company?
I’m a great fan of Rick Stein and seeing that Rick was opening in Marlborough instantly attracted my attention. Also meeting the team for an interview gave me a really good feeling about the company and its values
3) What have you enjoyed most about working here so far?
The food – I think we do some great dishes to be really proud of. Also the amount of learning and the time and effort that is put in across the company to develop our staff
4) Why did you chose the hospitality industry?
I’ve always enjoyed cooking and was inspired by Rick Stein and Gary Rhodes who I loved watching on the TV
5) What’s the best part of your job?
The best part of my job is seeing the results of us developing chefs and developing my team, seeing them grow in confidence and seeing them have a great passion for what we do
6) What are the top 3 qualities you need to work here?
You need to be passionate about food and people, with a want to learn as well as being open to change in an ever evolving business; and you need to be a team player with drive and ambition
7) What’s your favourite item on the menu?
The same as Rick! It’s got to be turbot hollandaise or Dover sole
8) What training opportunities have you taken part in since joining the team?
So far I’ve completed food safety level 3. I also attend the monthly manager development day which is a great opportunity to regularly meet with other managers from around the business
9) Are there career progression opportunities available within the business?
Massively. People are promoted all the time within our team – we’re also opening new sites so have lots of opportunities available
10) What would you recommend to someone who’s looking to join the team?
Do it! You’ll be well looked after and you’ll have a great time
Find out about more of our team here.