Group Chef across all the restaurants
1. When did you join the team?
I joined the team on 16th November 1998.
2. What attracted you to this company?
I was attracted to the business because of Rick Stein and his passion for fish and shellfish (and of course sunny Cornwall!)
3. What have you enjoyed most about working here so far?
The Seafood Restaurant is an amazing place to work. We`re so lucky to be able to cook with the finest fish and shellfish in Europe. For me it’s like a busy London restaurant in one of the most beautiful seaside resorts in the world.
4. Why did you choose the hospitality industry?
I love food and people so I thought why not make it my day to day job.
5. What’s the best part of your job?
Being able to work with great people, every day is a different day. When I see customers having a great experience in the restaurant that tells me we are all doing a great job.
6. What are the top 3 qualities you need to work here?
You need to be yourself and give the best you can, be a good team player, be fair and honest, like people and like to have fun.
7. What’s your favourite item on the menu?
Any recipes cooked with John Dory.
8. What training opportunities have you taken part in since joining the team?
I’ve learnt about my personal development, how to manage my team, as well as learning from coaching courses and wine courses.
9. Are there career progression opportunities available within the business?
There are lots of examples of career development across the business. If you’re a hard worker and passionate you will go very far.
10. What would you recommend to someone who’s looking to join the team?
Come to work with a good attitude, a smile on your face and looking smart and you will enjoy a good day at work.
Find out about more of our team here.