Sous Chef Jobs in Cornwall
Our Sous Chefs work very closely with the Head Chefs to manage the kitchen team, communicate with front of house, including menu training and spend time with Rick and Jack to help with seasonal menu changes.
- Earn a starting salary of £26,500
- Plus, earn on average £3.20 an hour in tips
- Flexible shifts with part and full time options
- Work with the best chefs in the industry
- Work for a ‘The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company’
As Sous Chef, or Assistant Head Chef, you’ll be in charge of the pass when the Head Chef is away from the kitchen. This is your chance to really share your passion and enthusiasm for giving customers the very best seafood experience and inspiring less experienced colleagues.
Progression is readily available around our restaurants, giving you the chance to experience different locations, teams, kitchens and styles of dishes to further your skill-set as a Sous Chef and beyond. Learn from some of the best Head Chefs at Rick Stein.
Grow your career with us
We're not just passionate about food, we're passionate about developing our people too. Our Head Chef at the Seafood Restaurant, Pete Murt, has worked his way up through the chef ranks so he knows exactly how to support and develop your chef career with us. 75% of our managers have been promoted from within and we want to help you fulfil your potential. We'll invest in you with:
- Craft skills and training (wine and food tastings, supplier visits) to develop your knowledge and confidence
- Opportunities to move between parts of our business
- Encouragement to apply for bigger roles when the time is right
- Regular encouragement and support from your manager
- Flexible shifts. Family time and work/life balance are important to us. We’ll work with you to find the shifts that work for your lifestyle, and full-time employees can request to work a four-day week.
- Brilliant tips. On top of your salary you’ll earn tips. These are paid weekly into your bank, aren’t subject to NI deductions and you’ll even get tips when you’re on holiday!
- Social events. You’ll get the chance to meet Rick and the family at social events and parties.
- Holiday. You’ll get 28 days paid holiday every year.
- Staff discounts. You’ll get 50% off in our restaurants, 20% in our shops and online and discounted hotel stays and cookery courses.
- Free meal for two. After one year with us, you’ll get a complimentary 3 course meal for two people in one of our restaurants every year.
- Plenty of food. We provide great quality meals whilst on duty, the chance to taste all our dishes as well drinks and snacks whilst you’re on a break.
- Staff surprises. We like to make you smile, so there’ll be little treats from us throughout the year. We’ve recently given all our staff a £25 voucher and a free Stein’s at Home 3 course meal box to enjoy at home.
Good to know
Interested in a Sous Chef position with Rick Stein? We'd love to hear from you.