Why work with us?
Take a look at the range of reasons that we think you should join our team...
Great food and stand out service is at the heart of what we do. We know that to be our best we need to invest in our people; whether they’re behind the scenes, serving food or selling goods in our shops. Find out more about our team here.
Here are just some of the ways we’ll support, celebrate and encourage you throughout your time with us:
We’ll provide you with support and guidance from your first day and we’ll encourage you to be the best that you can be.
You’ll have the support of our dedicated learning and development team and you’ll be able to take part in a range of training opportunities including:
- A welcome day during your first month to learn about our business and history
- Masterclasses where you’ll meet key suppliers and partners
- Product tastings where you’ll get to try the dishes on our menu
- The opportunity to experience different styles across our restaurants, with the chance to develop a career with us
- Product knowledge training in all the subjects that you’ll need to know – from coffee, beer and wine, to fish, meat and cheese
- You’ll work with first class sustainable ingredients and you’ll have the opportunity to find out how it’s produced
We want you to enjoy your time at Rick Stein’s as much as we do. Our employee benefits include:
- A share of tips for restaurant, kitchen, reservations and housekeeping teams
- 50% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
We work in wonderful locations and offer a breadth of opportunities to suit your personal circumstances. The lifestyle benefits available to you include:
- Full-time and part-time opportunities to suit your circumstances
- An auto-enrollment pension to help you invest in your future
- The opportunity to work overtime on top of your normal working hours
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
We believe it’s important that we get the basics right to ensure you always have everything you need to do your role. So, we’ll offer you:
- Staff accommodation for restaurant and kitchen roles (subject to availability)
- Free staff tea whilst on duty for hospitality focused roles
- Uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Annual holiday entitlement
- Long service rewards to say thank you for your loyalty
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein