Asian street food
one day course from £198.00
Available from 7th Jul 2018
From grilled pork balls with peanut dipping sauce to Malaccan black pepper crab with black beans, ginger, garlic and curry leaves, this course will teach you how to recreate Rick’s favourite street food dishes found on his Asian adventures.
- Baked spiced fish
- Prawns with crispy garlic and chilli
- Grilled pork balls with peanut dipping sauce
- Turmeric-marinated chicken wrapped in lime leaves
- Crispy mussel pancakes
- Malaccan black pepper crab with black beans, ginger, garlic and curry leaves
- Making a spice paste
- Cooking fish in a banana leaf
- De-veining prawns and cooking them in the shell
- Preparing and grilling Vietnamese meatballs
- Making a peanut dipping sauce
- Marinating chicken
- Cleaning, de-bearding and cooking mussels
- Humanely killing, preparing and stir-frying a crab
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.