Asian street food
one day course from £198.00
Available from 17th May 2017
From Cambodian marinated beef with a lime and black pepper dipping sauce to char-grilled butterflied fish with sambal matah, this course will teach you how to recreate Rick’s favourite street food dishes found on his Asian adventures.
- Fried fish in ginger sauce
- Deep fried chicken wings with a chilli and tamarind sambal and a mango, mint, coriander and lime salad
- Prawn and potato fritters
- Cambodian marinated beef with a lime and black pepper dipping sauce
- Char-grilled butterflied fish with sambal matah
- Stir-fried duck with garlic, ginger, mushrooms and five spice, wrapped in lettuce leaves
- De-scaling, trimming, filleting and shallow-frying sea bass
- Marinating and deep-frying chicken wings for a salad
- Peeling, de-veining and making fritters from large prawns
- Marinating and searing beef
- Butterflying and char-grilling a whole round fish
- Preparing, cooking and removing the meat from a duck for stir-frying
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.