Asian street food
one day course from £198.00
Available from 25th Oct 2017
From Cambodian marinated beef with a lime and black pepper dipping sauce to chargrilled butterflied fish with sambal matah, this course will teach you how to recreate Rick’s favourite street food dishes found on his Asian adventures.
- Fried fish in ginger sauce
- Deep fried chicken wings with a chilli and tamarind sambal and a mango, mint, coriander and lime salad
- Prawn and potato fritters
- Cambodian marinated beef with a lime and black pepper dipping sauce
- Chargrilled butterflied fish with sambal matah
- Stir-fried duck with garlic, ginger, mushrooms and five spice, wrapped in lettuce leaves
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- De-scaling, trimming, filleting and shallow-frying sea bass
- Marinating and deep-frying chicken wings for a salad
- Peeling, de-veining and making fritters from large prawns
- Marinating and searing beef
- Butterflying and char-grilling a whole round fish
- Preparing, cooking and removing the meat from a duck for stir-frying
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- Baked spiced fish
- Prawns with crispy garlic and chilli
- Grilled pork balls with peanut dipping sauce
- Turmeric-marinated chicken wrapped in lime leaves
- Crispy mussel pancakes
- DEMO – Malaccan black pepper crab with black beans, ginger, garlic and curry leaves