one day course from £198.00
Available from 21st Oct 2017
On this one day cookery course, discover which seafood, meat and ingredients are in season and learn how to cook them. This great autumn menu includes some great dishes from spicy lentil soup to squid and potato stew, perfect dishes for colder weather.
- Spicy lentil soup with squash, tomato and green beans
- Pigeon with peas
- Grilled scallops with hazelnut and coriander butter
- Squid and potato stew with rouille
- Cheffy sole a la meunière
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Making a masala-based soup
- Preparing pigeon for cooking
- Making a compound butter
- Cleaning, preparing and cooking live scallops in the shell
- Cleaning, preparing and cooking squid
- Preparing wild mushrooms
- Making a beurre noisette
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- Scallops with pardina lentils
- Gurnard fillets with a potato, garlic and saffron broth
- Rabbit with chestnuts
- Squid with potato and red pepper
- DEMO – A casserole of brill with shallots and wild mushrooms