one day course from £198.00
Available from 18th Jan 2018
Nothing is better than the fabulous fresh fish landed every day on our very own British shores. On this one day cookery course you’ll discover how to prepare and cook John Dory, mussels, crab, mackerel and hot smoked salmon to create some really impressive dishes.
- Hot smoked salmon kedgeree
- Cullen skink
- Devilled mackerel with mint and tomato salad
- Baked crab with Berkswell cheese
- Grilled salted cod with beer, bacon and cabbage
Please note ingredients are subject to change, due to seasonal availability.
- Cooking rice using the absorption method
- Hot-smoking salmon
- Making a smoked fish soup
- Filleting, skinning and grilling cod
- Filleting and pin-boning a large round fish
- Humanely killing, cooking and preparing crab to be served in the shell
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.