Catch and cook
one day course from £198.00
Available from 23rd May 2017
On this one day cookery course, you will start the day with a trip out to sea with local Padstow fisherman, Lee Wicks, before heading back to the kitchen with your catch to learn how to prepare and cook it.
After a morning on the Camel Estuary fishing, you’ll learn to cook a dish from Rick’s new book, From Venice to Istanbul: griddled mackerel in a baguette with tomato, lettuce, onion, chilli and sumac and a bouillabaisse taken from French Odyssey.
- Gutting, filleting, pin-boning and grilling round fish
- Making fish stock
Arrive – 8:30am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Join Lee Wicks on a 3 hour fishing trip along the Camel Estuary in Padstow.
From 12noon – Watch our chefs demo two dishes before trying your hand at re-creating them in pairs at your station, then enjoy at our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two.
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
Enjoy a two night cookery break for two people from £581, including:
- Two night stay in a beautiful guest room with full English breakfast
- Two places on a one day cookery course of your choice at Rick Stein’s Cookery School
- Cookery school certificate and recipe folder to keep
- Exclusive 10% discount in all of our deli, patisserie, gift shop and fisheries.
- Price includes stay in one of our cosy rooms based on two people sharing, upgrades are available. School and stay breaks available Monday – Friday, prices are subject to availability. One day cookery breaks available from £283 per person. Call 01841 532700 to book.