one day course from £225.00
Available from 27th Jan 2018
This classic seafood course focuses on the preparation and cooking of a number of time- honoured fish dishes. Many people are nervous of making hollandaise sauce or preparing a lobster for grilling, but we’ll show you how simple it really is.
- DEMO – Classic fish soup with rouille and croûtons
- Dover sole à la meunière
- Roast tronçon of turbot with hollandaise sauce
- Lobster thermidor
- DEMO – Le plateau de fruits de mer
- Filleting a round fish
- Making a rouille
- Trimming and skinning and pan-frying a whole flat fish
- Making a beurre noisette
- Preparing a flat fish for tronçons
- Making a hollandaise sauce
- Humanely killing, cooking and preparing lobster
- Identifying, cooking, cleaning and preparing a wide range of shellfish
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.