Classic seafood dishes
one day course from £198.00
Available from 1st Dec 2017
This classic seafood course focuses on the preparation and cooking of a number of time- honoured fish dishes. Many people are nervous of making hollandaise sauce or preparing a lobster for grilling, but we’ll show you how simple it really is.
- Classic fish soup with rouille and croûtons
- Grilled Dover sole with sea salt and lime
- Roast tronçon of turbot with hollandaise sauce
- Lobster thermidor
- Oysters Charentais
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Filleting a selection of fish
- Cleaning and preparing shellfish
- Descaling, hard-trimming, scoring and grilling a flat fish
- Preparing and roasting tronçon cuts
- Preparing and grilling whole lobster
- Cleaning, preparing and presenting live shellfish
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
Enjoy a two night cookery break for two people from £581, including:
- Two night stay in a beautiful guest room with full English breakfast
- Two places on a one day cookery course of your choice at Rick Stein’s Cookery School
- Certificate and recipe folder to keep
- Exclusive 10% discount in all of our deli, patisserie, gift shop and fisheries.
- Price includes stay in one of our cosy rooms based on two people sharing, upgrades are available. School and stay breaks available Monday – Friday, prices are subject to availability. One day cookery breaks available from £283 per person.Call 01841 532700 to book.