World on Plate with Jack Stein
one day course from £198
Available from 13th Jun 2020
Jack’s extensive travels around the world and passion for British produce came together in his debut cookery book, World on a Plate. Now you can spend the day in the kitchen with Jack to hear the stories and learn how to cook a selection of fantastic dishes from it. This course includes a signed copy of World on a Plate.
If you want to book this course using a gift card, please call our reservations team on 01841 532700.
- Baked spiced fish
- Prawns with crispy garlic and chilli
- Grilled pork balls with peanut dipping sauce
- Turmeric-marinated chicken wrapped in lime leaves
- Crispy mussel pancakes with bean sprouts
- DEMO: Malaccan black pepper crab with black beans, ginger, garlic and curry leaves
- Making a spice paste
- Cooking fish in a banana leaf
- De-veining prawns and cooking them in the shell
- Preparing and grilling Vietnamese meatballs
- Making a peanut dipping sauce
- Marinating chicken
- Cleaning, de-bearding and cooking mussels
- Humanely killing, preparing and stir-frying a crab
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch Jack demo four dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch Jack demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.