Cooking from Fish & Shellfish
one day course from £198.00
Available from 1st Jan 1970
This seafood course focuses on the preparation and cooking of a number of fish and shellfish dishes, and includes your own copy of Fish and Shellfish signed by Rick Stein.
- Clams with XO sauce, spring onions and coriander
- South-east Asian crab omelette with stir-fried vegetables
- Grey mullet soup with harissa, spring onions and pink fir apple potatoes
- Fish burger with red onion, lettuce, tomato and chipotle relish
- Sliced salmon with ponzu and pink grapefruit
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Cleaning, preparing and cooking bi-valves
- Killing, cooking and removing the meat from a live crab
- De-scaling, filleting and cooking a round fish
- Preparing and filleting a flat fish
- Making a chipotle relish
- De-scaling, filleting and slicing salmon to be eaten raw
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.