Cooking from Venice to Istanbul
two day course from £360.00
Available from 23rd Feb 2017
A two-day exploration of Rick’s latest food journey through the Eastern Mediterranean. Cooking from Venice to Istanbul is an exclusive chance to try some of Rick’s newest recipes.
- Spiced lamb filo pastries with red onion, cinnamon & cumin
- Grilled mackerel stuffed with hot red pepper paste, parsley and garlic
- Butrint mussels
- Veal, mint and oregano meatballs in a rich tomato sauce
- Croatian sour cherry strudel
- Stuffed duck
- Black risotto
- Fried red mullet with oranges and capers
- Chicken with apricots and almonds – Mahmudiye
- Making filo parcels
- Butterflying, stuffing and char-grilling a round fish
- Identifying, cleaning and cooking mussels
- Making meatballs
- Making a strudel
- Boning, rolling and stuffing a whole duck
- Poaching an egg
- Making a risotto
- Cleaning, preparing and slow cooking cuttlefish
- Preparing a whole round fish to be coated and fried
- Jointing a whole chicken
- Making tirimisu
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and signed copy of Rick Stein: From Venice to Istanbul, plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.