Far Eastern Cookery
one day course from £198.00
Available from 16th Aug 2019
Southeast Asian cooking is a glorious assault on the senses and it seems so healthy. Vegetables are raw or hardly cooked, lots of seafood and fresh fish; meat used sparingly and rice simply steamed. This course demonstrates the combinations of hot, sour and salty and sweet, the occasional bitter notes and enthusiasm for colour and texture. Quite simply, it’s food of considerable sophistication, delivered in seconds.
- Clams with beer, black beans and ginger
- Crisp fried sea bass with a tomato, chilli and kaffir lime leaf sauce
- Singapore Laksa
- Beef rendang
- DEMO – Singapore chilli crab
- Cleaning, preparing and stir-frying clams
- Preparing, filleting and frying a round fish
- De-veining, peeling and cooking prawns
- Making a laksa
- Selecting and preparing beef
- Making a rendang
- Humanely killing, cooking and stir-frying a crab
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Padstow Seafood School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.