Far Eastern Cookery
one day course from £198.00
Available from 3rd Nov 2018
Southeast Asian cooking is a glorious assault on the senses and it seems so healthy. Vegetables are raw or hardly cooked, lots of seafood and fresh fish; meat used sparingly and rice simply steamed. This course demonstrates the combinations of hot, sour and salty and sweet, the occasional bitter notes and enthusiasm for colour and texture. Quite simply, it’s food of considerable sophistication, delivered in seconds.
- Spicy green mango salad with smoked fish and a sweet and sour dressing
- Chicken satay with kecap manis
- Nasi goreng
- Beef rendang
- Coconut chilli crab
Please note ingredients are subject to change, due to seasonal availability.
- Frying smoked fish for a salad
- Marinating chicken
- Making a peanut sauce
- Filleting mackerel
- Slow-cooking beef
- Making a rendang spice paste
- Killing, cooking and jointing a crab for stir-frying
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Padstow Seafood School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- Clams with beer, black beans and ginger
- Crisp fried sea bass with a tomato, chilli and kaffir lime leaf sauce
- Singapore Laksa
- Beef rendang
- DEMO – Singapore chilli crab