One-Day Far Eastern Cookery
Southeast Asian cooking is a glorious assault on the senses and it seems so healthy. Vegetables are raw or hardly cooked, lots of seafood and fresh fish; meat used sparingly and rice simply steamed. This course demonstrates the combinations of hot, sour, salty and sweet, the occasional bitter notes and enthusiasm for colour and texture. Quite simply, it’s food of considerable sophistication, delivered in seconds.
If you want to book this course using a gift card, please call our Reservations Team on 01841 532700.
- Pad Thai noodles with prawns
- Thai mussaman beef curry
- Steamed mussels with yellow kroeung, coconut milk, and makrut lime leaves
- Chicken satay with kecap manis, lime leaves and cracked black pepper
- DEMO – Singapore chilli crab
- DEMO – Slow cooked pork with ginger, chilli and sweet soy sauce
- De-veining and peeling tiger prawns
- Slow cooking a beef curry
- Preparing and cooking live shellfish
- Learning how to break down and joint a whole chicken
- Learning how to dispatch and cook a live crab
- Slow cooking pork
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Padstow Seafood School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.
Jul 27th 2023 - Places available
Sep 14th 2023 - Places available