Fish & shellfish menu 2
one day course from £198.00
Available from 2nd Nov 2018
On this one day course you’ll be using the freshest seafood and classic flavours to discover some of Rick’s favourite dishes. For our one day courses, we develop four menu variations to allow people to try their hand at different dishes and techniques.
- Oysters in tempura batter with sesame seeds and lime
- Roasted gurnard with a Thai hot sour and sweet sauce
- Baked scallops with guindilla peppers, chorizo and breadcrumbs
- John Dory alla Carlina
- Maryland crab cakes with a tarragon and butter sauce
Please note ingredients are subject to change, due to seasonal availability.
- Shucking oysters
- Making a tempura batter
- Roasting a round fish
- Opening, cleaning and baking scallops in the shell
- Preparing a filleting and pan-frying a round fish
- Humanely killing, cooking and picking a crab
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- Abraham’s ceviche of sea bass, prawns and chilli
- Roasted monkfish with saffron and roasted red pepper dressing
- Scallops with coriander and hazelnut butter
- Haddock with mussels, spinach and chervil
- DEMO – Bouillabaisse