one day course from £198.00
Available from 19th Jun 2019
For those who’ve never cooked with fish or for seafood enthusiast alike, this one day course will teach you the techniques you’ll need to create really impressive fish dishes. Using the freshest fish that is often landed right on the school’s doorstep, we’ll show you how to choose good fish and how to make the very best of it in the kitchen.
- Japanese fishcakes with ginger and spring onions
- Ceviche of monkfish with avocado
- Fried gurnard with sweet and sour red onions
- Grilled lemon sole with lemongrass butter
- DEMO – Dover sole véronique
- Making fishcakes
- Skinning a monkfish tail
- Cold-cooking fish in lime juice
- Preparing, filleting and pan-frying a round fish
- Preparing a whole flat fish for grilling
- Making a compound butter
- Filleting a flat fish
- Making a beurre noisette
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.