two day course from £360.00
Available from 6th Oct 2016
Whilst travelling by barge through south west France, Rick was inspired by the culinary heritage. This course includes some of the fish and meat dishes he discovered on his journey.
- Prawn dumpling and noodle soup with chilli, mint and coriander
- Escalopes of pork with a crisp fennel and green bean salad
- Seared scallops with lentils and a tomato and herbes de Provence dressing
- Sole véronique
- Charentais melon salad with tomato, cucumber and goat’s cheese
- Steak tartare
- Fried trout stuffed with sliced ceps, garlic and diced bacon
- Chicken sauté with Muscat de Minervois and crème fraîche
- Seasonal fruit pithiviers
- Preparing large prawns
- Preparing and cooking pork escalopes
- Opening, cleaning and searing live scallops
- Filleting a flat fish
- Making a fish stock
- Preparing and poaching a selection of fish
- Killing, cooking and removing the meat from a live lobster
- Trimming, seasoning and preparing meat to be eaten raw
- Filleting, pin-boning, stuffing and pan-frying a round fish
- Jointing and sautéing a whole chicken
- Making an almond batter and baking a pithivier
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. On the second day of your course, you will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.