two day course from £360.00
Available from 15th May 2018
Whilst travelling by barge through south west France, Rick was inspired by the culinary heritage. This course includes some of the fish and meat dishes he discovered on his journey.
- Buckwheat galettes with ham, egg and cheese
- Warm oysters with champagne sabayon
- La mouclade
- Côte de boeuf with bordelaise sauce
- Bourride of red mullet, brill and salt cod
- Ragout of lemon sole and scallop with Vouvray, butter and basil
- Lobster thermidor
- Crab bisque
- Petit salé aux lentilles: Salt pork with lentils
- Tarte tatin
Please note ingredients are subject to change, due to seasonal availability.
- Making gallettes
- Shucking oysters
- Making a sabayon
- Identifying, cleaning and cooking mussels
- Extracting bone marrow
- Making a bordelaise sauce
- Making a bourride
- Preparing and filleting a large flat fish
- Cooking scallops
- Making a terrine
- Humanely killing, cooking a crab
- Humanely killing and cooking a lobster
- Curing pork
- Making pastry
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. On the second day of your course, you will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.