one day course from £198.00
Available from 24th Nov 2017
With recipes taken from Rick’s travels through France, learn classic French cooking techniques as well as basic fish and meat preparation skills on this cookery course at Rick Stein’s Cookery School.
- Warm salad of wood pigeon with Cabernet Sauvignon, walnut oil and frisée
- La mouclade
- Grilled sea bass with beurre blanc
- Squid and potato stew with rouille
- Tarte tatin
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Preparing and cooking pigeon breast
- Cleaning, removing the beards and steaming mussels
- De-scaling, filleting, pin-boning and grilling sea bass
- Cleaning, preparing and braising squid in a stew
- Making rouille
- Preparing apples for tarte tatin and caramelising in a pan
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- French onion soup
- Mussels with Bayonne ham and shallots
- Griddled spatchcocked quail
- Dover sole a la meunière
- DEMO – Normandy fish stew – Marmite Dieppoise