Friends for dinner
two day course from £360.00
Available from 22nd Nov 2016
This two day course will teach you how to create some fantastic dishes to really impress your friends. Each day features a different menu, including a starter, main course and dessert and the recipes range from the traditional to the contemporary. Techniques include baking a soufflé, preparing, skinning and filleting a monkfish tail and preparing and cooking meringue.
- Brandade and haricot bean soup with truffle oil
- Ceviche of sea bass, smoked chilli & pomegranate
- Slow-cooked Balinese pork with ginger, chilli & sweet soy sauce
- Hot vanilla soufflé with mango, passion fruit & lime sauce
- Shangurro crab
- Duck liver parfait with onion confit
- Casserole of brill with shallots and wild mushrooms
- Chocolate fondant
- Raspberry truffles
- Filleting, pin boning and salting cod
- Filleting, skinning and marinating fish in lime juice
- Preparing and slow-cooking pork
- Making a soufflé
- Making macarons
- Cooking a parfait in a bain marie
- Filleting and cooking a large flat fish
- Making a chocolate fondant
- Preparing truffles
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. On the second day of your course, you will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.