one day course from £198.00
Available from 5th Dec 2017
Learn all the techniques you need to prepare and cook game at our hands on one day cookery course in Cornwall, including pheasant, quail, duck, rabbit and wild boar.
- Pot roasted pheasant with bacon, fennel, leeks & carrots
- Griddled spatchcock quail with a red wine vinegar, shallot & mustard dressing
- Vetou’s magret de canard with red wine sauce
- Duck confit with braised red cabbage
- Rabbit pie with forcemeat balls
- Medallions of venison with red wine and morello cherries with roasted hazelnut spätzle
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Pot-roasting whole pheasants
- Jointing cooked pheasant
- Spatchcocking & chargrilling whole quail
- Removing the breasts from a duck and jointing the legs and carcass
- Making duck leg confit
- Pan-frying duck breasts
- Making shortcrust pastry
- Jointing a rabbit
- Preparing, marinating and cooking venison
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- Roast partridge with Dubbonet
- Rabbit with Agen prunes and polenta
- Warm salad of pheasant breast
- DEMO – Venison steaks with poivre, beetroot and horseradish