one day course from £198
Available from 15th Oct 2019
A meal in India is not a series of courses like in the West – the emphasis is much more on the main course, which will contain at least three dishes, the satisfying subtlety is in the balance between these, the way one dish complements another. On this course you will learn how to balance the flavours of fish and Indian spices as well as cooking one of Rick’s favourite fish curries, meen kulambu.
- Mussel masala with coconut
- Fish in a parcel with green chilli
- Meen Kulambu
- Kavita’s Madras Prawn Curry
- DEMO – Mangalore Lobster Masala
- Cleaning, preparing and cooking mussels
- Filleting a large round fish
- Cooking fish in a banana leaf
- Filleting a round fish
- Making a selection of curries
- De-veining, peeling and cooking prawns
- Humanely killing, preparing and cooking lobster
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dishes of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.