one day course from £198.00
Available from 11th May 2019
This course is all about achieving the perfectly balanced, robust flavours that are so crucial in good Italian dishes. Focussing on both meat and seafood dishes, you’ll explore classic Italian dishes and some more contemporary recipes as well as demonstrating how to choose the right ingredients.
- Zuppa di cozze e arselle: A stew of mussels and clams scattered over chargrilled bread
- Farfalle with peas and pancetta
- Tortelloni with ricotta, butter and sage
- Fillets of John Dory with olives, capers and rosemary
- DEMO -Orzotto ai frutti di mare – pearl barley risotto
- Identifying, cleaning and cooking mussels and clams
- Making pasta
- Filleting a large round fish
- Salting cod
- Making a brandade
- Filleting and grilling a round fish
- Making a meringue and semi freddo
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.