one day course from £198.00
Available from 28th Jun 2018
This course is all about achieving the perfectly balanced, robust flavours that are so crucial in good Italian dishes. Focussing on both meat and seafood dishes, you’ll explore classic Italian dishes and some more contemporary recipes as well as demonstrating how to choose the right ingredients.
- Zuppa di cozze e arselle: A stew of mussels and clams scattered over chargrilled bread
- Farfalle with peas and pancetta
- Salt cod, olive oil and garlic emulsion
- Fillets of John Dory with olives, capers and rosemary
- DEMO – Meringue and zabaglione semi-freddo
Please note ingredients are subject to change, due to seasonal availability.
- Identifying, cleaning and cooking mussels and clams
- Making pasta
- Filleting a large round fish
- Salting cod
- Making a brandade
- Filleting and grilling a round fish
- Making a meringue and semi freddo
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.