Fish and shellfish
two day course from £360.00
Available from 7th Feb 2017
On this two day cookery course you’ll be using the freshest seafood and classic flavours to discover some of Rick’s favourite fish and shellfish dishes.
- Ceviche of monkfish with avocado
- Pondicherry mackerel fish fry
- Steamed scallops in the shell with ginger, soy, sesame oil and spring onions
- Ragout of sautéed lemon sole with serrano ham, spring vegetables and pea shoots
- Maryland crab cakes with a tarragon and butter sauce
- Prawns with freshly grated coconut, green chillies and mustard seeds
- Deep-fried squid and aïoli
- Roasted gurnard with a Thai hot, sour and sweet sauce
- Grilled Dover sole with sea salt and lime
- Hot shellfish with garlic and lemon juice
- Preparing and cooking large prawns
- Cleaning, preparing and deep-frying squid
- Cleaning, trimming and roasting a whole fish
- De-scaling, trimming and char-grilling a flat fish
- Preparing and steaming a selection of shellfish
- Clams with beer, black beans and ginger
- Prawn and squid caldine
- Lemon sole with pointed cabbage and a lemon butter sauce
- Roast haddock with aioli and butter beans
- Malaysian seafood laksa
- Ceviche of sea bass, smoked chilli and pomegranate
- Stir fried salt and pepper squid
- Plaice with leeks, mint and Beaujolais
- Prawn and fennel risotto with lemon oil
- Le plateau de fruits de mer
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. On the second day of your course, you will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.