Fish & shellfish menu 1
one day course from £198.00
Available from 12th Jan 2017
On this one day course you’ll be using the freshest seafood and classic flavours to discover some of Rick’s favourite dishes. For our one day courses, we develop four menu variations to allow people to try their hand at different dishes and techniques.
- Ceviche of monkfish with avocado
- Pondicherry mackerel fish fry
- Steamed scallops in the shell with ginger, soy, sesame oil and spring onions
- Ragout of sautéed lemon sole with serrano ham, spring veg and pea shoots
- Maryland crab cakes with a tarragon and butter sauce
- Skinning, removing the membrane, filleting and curing monkfish
- Filleting and pan-frying mackerel in a spice paste
- Opening, cleaning and steaming live scallops
- Filleting and sautéing lemon sole
- Killing, cooking and removing the meat from a crab
- Mussel, leek and saffron soup
- Mackerel rechaedo with katchumber salad
- Salad of cuttlefish, noodles, shitake mushrooms and truffle
- Steamed sea bass with garlic, ginger and spring onions
- Thai red seafood
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
Enjoy a two night cookery break for two people from £581, including:
- Two night stay in a beautiful guest room with full English breakfast
- Two places on a one day cookery course of your choice at Rick Stein’s Cookery School
- Certificate and recipe folder to keep
- Exclusive 10% discount in all of our deli, patisserie, gift shop and fisheries.
- Price includes stay in one of our cosy rooms based on two people sharing, upgrades are available. School and stay breaks available Monday – Friday, prices are subject to availability. One day cookery breaks available from £283 per person. Call 01841 532700 to book.