Fish & shellfish menu 1
one day course from £198.00
Available from 8th Nov 2017
On this one day course you’ll be using the freshest seafood and classic flavours to discover some of Rick’s favourite dishes. For our one day courses, we develop four menu variations to allow people to try their hand at different dishes and techniques.
- Mussel, leek and saffron soup
- Mackerel rechaedo with katchumber salad
- Salad of cuttlefish, noodles, shitake mushrooms and truffle
- Steamed sea bass with garlic, ginger and spring onions
- Thai red seafood
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Preparing, cleaning and cooking mussels
- Butterflying a round fish
- Making a curry paste
- Cleaning and preparing cuttlefish ready to confit
- Filleting and steaming a round fish
- Preparing a selection of fish and shellfish for cooking in a curry
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
- Seared scallops with lentils and a tomato and herbes de Provence dressing
- Fillets of lemon sole with panko breadcrumbs & salsa verde mayonnaise
- Salad of griddled mackerel with sundried tomatoes and fennel seeds
- Pad Thai noodles with prawns
- Sashimi of salmon, tuna and sea bass