Fish & shellfish menu 1
one day course from £198.00
Available from 8th May 2019
On this one day course you’ll be using the freshest seafood and classic flavours to discover some of Rick’s favourite dishes. For our one day courses, we develop four menu variations to allow people to try their hand at different dishes and techniques.
- Scallops with serrano ham
- Malaysian fried lemon sole
- Prawns in a sauce of tomato, basil and feta
- Grilled Sea bream with beurre blanc and spinach
- DEMO – Splash Café clam chowder in sourdough bowls
- Opening, cleaning and pan-frying scallops
- Filleting and griddling a round fish
- Filleting, panéing and deep-frying flat fish
- Making a mayonnaise
- De-veining, peeling and stir-frying prawns
- Preparing a selection of fish to be eaten raw
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.