Road to Mexico
one day course from £198.00
Available from 27th Jul 2019
Rick’s latest adventure documents the food and culture from San Francisco in California down to Oaxaca in Mexico, inspired by the nostalgia of a trip he made in the late 60s. On this new course you’ll discover Rick’s recipe finds and learn how to cook his favourite Mexican dishes. Expect plenty of tortillas, avocados, chilli and coriander.
- Corn tortillas
- Char grilled beef tacos with spring onions and guacamole
- Raw tuna tostadas
- Cioppino – Mussel, monkfish and prawn stew
- DEMO – Baked crab with poblano, achiote and coriander
- DEMO – Rick’s Margarita
- Making, pressing and cooking corn tortillas
- Char-grilling rump steak
- Making guacamole
- Making a salsa
- Preparing fish to be eaten raw
- Preparing, filleting and cooking a round fish
- Peeling and deveining prawns
- Identifying, cleaning and cooking mussels
- Identifying, humanely killing, cooking and preparing a crab
- Making a Margarita
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.