one day course from £198.00
Available from 27th Jan 2017
Cooking with shellfish is sometimes surrounded by a certain mystique and many are nervous of trying dishes that feature shellfish. On this one day course, we will show you how to select the best shellfish and create a selection of dishes using clams, mussels, oysters, crab, prawns, langoustine and lobster.
- Stir-fried razor clams with black beans and chilli
- Seared scallops with lentils and a tomato and herbes de Provence dressing
- Singapore chilli crab
- Grilled lobster with fines herbs
- Hot shellfish with garlic and lemon juice
- Preparing, cleaning and stir-frying razor clams
- Cleaning, preparing and searing live scallops
- Killing and preparing a live crab for stir-frying
- Preparing and grilling a live lobster
- Cleaning, preparing and presenting a selection of shellfish
- Oyster tempura with sesame and lime
- Clams with serrano ham and oloroso sherry
- Baked scallops with guindilla peppers
- Steamed crab with lemongrass dressing
- Fruits de mer
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
Enjoy a two night cookery break for two people from £581, including:
- Two night stay in a beautiful guest room with full English breakfast
- Two places on a one day cookery course of your choice at Rick Stein’s Cookery School
- Certificate and recipe folder to keep
- Exclusive 10% discount in all of our deli, patisserie, gift shop and fisheries.
- Price includes stay in one of our cosy rooms based on two people sharing, upgrades are available. School and stay breaks available Monday – Friday, prices are subject to availability. One day cookery breaks available from £283 per person. Call 01841 532700 to book.