one day course from £198.00
Available from 17th Aug 2018
Cooking with shellfish is sometimes surrounded by a certain mystique and many are nervous of trying dishes that feature shellfish. On this one day course, we will show you how to select the best shellfish and create a selection of dishes using clams, mussels, oysters, crab, prawns, langoustine and lobster.
- Oysters tempura with sesame and lime
- Lobster salad with chive dressing
- Mussels with chilli, tomato and parsley
- Crab and avocado omelette with chilli and coriander
- DEMO – Arroz verde – Green rice with garlic, parsley, garlic clams and prawns
- Shucking oysters
- Making a tempura batter
- Humanely killing and cooking lobster
- Cleaning, de-bearding and cooking mussels
- Humanely killing, cooking and picking crab
- De-veining, peeling and cooking prawns
- Cleaning and cooking clams
- Making aioli
- Making an ‘Arroz’ dish
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.