Simple seafood dishes
one day course from £198.00
Available from 6th Aug 2019
In the words of Rick, “nothing is more exhilarating than fresh fish, cooked simply” and this course teaches you how to select what you cook carefully. Dishes include amritsari fish, clams in XO sauce, marinated salmon with passion-fruit, lime and coriander and steamed scallops with ginger, spring onions and soy.
- Marinated salmon with passion-fruit, lime and coriander
- Clams in XO sauce
- Grilled prawns with ouzo, tomatoes, chilli and feta
- Steamed sea bass with garlic, ginger and spring onions
- DEMO – Rice with monkfish, saffron and roasted red peppers
- Filleting a round fish
- Making a batter
- Preparing and filleting and marinating a large round fish
- Preparing and steaming scallops
- Filleting a monkfish tail
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.