one day course from £198.00
Available from 22nd Sep 2015
For those who’ve never cooked with fish or for seafood enthusiast alike, this one day course will teach you the techniques you’ll need to create really impressive fish dishes. Using the freshest fish that is often landed right on the school’s doorstep, we’ll show you how to choose good fish and how to make the very best of it in the kitchen.
- Fillets of John Dory with warm potatoes, olives, capers and rosemary
- Pan-fried gurnard with sage and garlic butter
- Steamed monkfish with garlic and ginger
- Dover sole á la meunierè
- Trimming, filleting and cooking John Dory
- Filleting, pin-boning and pan-frying a round fish
- Skinning, filleting, removing the membrane and steaming monkfish
- Trimming, skinning and grilling a whole flat fish
- Making rouille
- Making a French fish stew
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Padstow Seafood School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
Enjoy a two night cookery break for two people from £526, including:
- Two night stay in a beautiful guest room with full English breakfast
- Two places on a one day cookery course of your choice at Padstow Seafood School
- Cookery school apron, certificate and recipe folder to keep
- Signed cookery book of your choice
- Exclusive 10% discount in all of our deli, patisserie, gift shop and fisheries.
- Price includes stay in one of our cosy rooms based on two people sharing, upgrades are available. School and stay breaks available Monday – Friday, prices are subject to availability. One day cookery breaks available from £269 per person. Call 01841 532700 to book.