one day course from £198.00
Available from 29th Dec 2016
Everyone loves Mediterranean food. The flavours and colours are full of sunshine and it it simple to prepare and cook. Our Spanish tapas day course is an exploration of all those appetising small dishes that are best enjoyed in the sunshine by the sea.
- Olive oil fried baby green peppers
- Octopus two ways: Fairground-style and Galician-style
- Mussels in tomato vinaigrette
- Asturian monkfish fritters
- Baked scallops with guindilla pepper, chorizo and crisp breadcrumbs
- Sizzling prawns with garlic, chilli and olive oil
- Potato tortilla
- Chickpeas with chorizo
- Cleaning, preparing and slow cooking octopus
- Cleaning and cooking live mussels
- Skinning, filleting and shallow-frying monkfish
- Cleaning, preparing and baking live scallops
- Preparing and stir-frying fresh large prawns
- Making a tortilla
- Braising chick peas with chorizo
- Piquillo peppers stuffed with salt cod puree
- Crab tarts with garlic, tomato and tarragon
- Crisp deep fried squid with alioli
- Andalucian shrimp and spring onion fritters
- Serrano ham, lemon and green olive meatballs with sherry sauce
- Chicken with garlic
- Patatas bravas
- Broad beans, Serrano ham and mint
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
Enjoy a two night cookery break for two people from £581, including:
- Two night stay in a beautiful guest room with full English breakfast
- Two places on a one day cookery course of your choice at Rick Stein’s Cookery School
- Certificate and recipe folder to keep
- Exclusive 10% discount in all of our deli, patisserie, gift shop and fisheries.
- Price includes stay in one of our cosy rooms based on two people sharing, upgrades are available. School and stay breaks available Monday – Friday, prices are subject to availability. One day cookery breaks available from £283 per person. Call 01841 532700 to book.