one day course from £198.00
Available from 28th Jul 2017
Everyone loves Mediterranean food. The flavours and colours are full of sunshine and it is simple to prepare and cook. Our Spanish tapas day course is an exploration of all those appetising small dishes that are best enjoyed in the sunshine by the sea.
- Olive-oil fried baby green peppers
- Serrano ham and chicken croquettes
- Crisp deep fried squid with alioli
- Andalucian shrimp and spring onion fritters
- Serrano ham, lemon and green olive meatballs with sherry sauce
- Clams with a garlic and nut picada
- Piquillo peppers stuffed with salt cod puree
Please note seasonal dishes are subject to change.
- Making, and deep-frying croquettes
- Preparing squid
- Preparing and cooking prawns
- Making and cooking meatballs
- Identifying, cleaning and cooking clams
- Filleting a large round fish
- Salting cod and making a brandade
Arrive – 8:45am
Welcome – Enjoy a tea or coffee while browsing the recipes for the day and meeting your fellow chefs
From 9am – Watch our chefs demo three dishes then recreate each dish in pairs at your workstation enjoying the fruits of your labour
Lunch – At our long ‘en famille’ dining table overlooking the Camel Estuary with a glass of wine or two
Afternoon demo – Time to relax with a glass of wine and watch our chef demonstrate the final dish of the day
4pm – Finish. You will be presented with a Rick Stein’s Cookery School certificate and recipe folder plus a chance to browse our shop with an exclusive voucher.
If you have more questions about our courses click here.
There is no better way to relax and unwind after a day at Rick Stein’s Cookery School than in one of our beautiful coastal inspired rooms, designed by Jill Stein.
With over 40 guest rooms and a serviced cottage in Padstow as well as self-catering properties in nearby Trevone and Martindale, we have the perfect place to stay in Cornwall.
Call 01841 532700 or click here to find out more.