Information on tips
Read below to find out all about how our tips are shared fairly amongst our team members
- Tips calculations obtained from April 2016 to April 2017 pay data (reviewed annually each April)
- The quoted hourly rate is an average from a full 52-week period (total annual tips/tronc earnings captured from P60s divided by total hours worked).
- As tips are goodwill payments from our guests, figures have the potential to change
- Some seasonal sites may earn less that the quoted figure during their quietest time of year and will have the potential to earn above quoted figures during the peak season
- Quotes rates are the same for part-time and full-time members of our team
- Data used for these calculations has been anonymised and retained
How tips/tronc works:
- 100% of our tips (whether paid by card or cash) are shared amongst our team with no administrative, processing or handling charges applied
- Distribution of tips is managed by an independent troncmaster, who ensures that there is a fair model in place for dividing tips between restaurant and kitchen employees, with payment made via an independent payroll
Find out more about our careers here.
For Gender Pay Gap data, please click here.